Question

jenmauigirl

How do I get my credit card company to lower my APR?

Most Helpful Response

call them

Easiest way to get it lowered is simply contact your creditor and request a review and a lowering of the rate.  That's the way I handled it and they were more than happy to oblige.  Granted, if you havce a bad pay history they may not be inclined to help, but if you have been with them for a while and made your timely payments, it is in their best interest to help you or else risk losing you to a different card.

JacobPorter43

I did that and Chase still gave me the run around, even though I have paid the acct. on time and in full every month.  They still will not lower the apr.  If I transfer that acct. balance to another card will it affect my credit rating in a negative way. 

I did that and Chase still gave me the run around, even though I have paid the acct. on time and in full evry month.  They sill will not lower the apr.  If I transer that acct. balance to another card will it affect my credit rating in a negative way.