Question

plattenla11

How do I get Hard Inquiries off my credit?
I got a car loan and applied for 2 credit cards in the past 6 months and I still have 23 Hard credit Inquiries on my report. How do I amke them go away and fast? I want to get a house loan next year and since my car loan in June my credit score has dropped 90 points.

Most Helpful Response

Generally, the only way to make hard inquiries go away is to wait two years. And as you've found out, applying for that much credit in a short time will give your score a pretty hefty whack. The only thing I can think of -- and this is a long-shot that would take some research on your part -- is that the mass of hard inquiries you got while applying for an auto loan should only count as one inquiry for scoring purposes if they were all incurred within a short time. If you can see that they were counted individually against you, you might be able to contact the credit bureaus to correct that. 

However, most probably your score is simply suffering as a result of applying for three types of credit in so short a time -- and the best cure is simply time. Aside from the hard inquiries, once you've used the new credit well for six months or a year, your score should climb back upward.