Question

Noel313

how do I get a debt collector to remove my derogotory comment from report?
I called credit agency and was led to believe that they would remove bad remark from my report if I paid in full. AFTER I PAID IN FULL I was told that they would not delete it but would mark it as paid. How do I get them to delete it?

Write a dispute letter to the credit bureau(s) reporting the item. Tell them that they agreed to remove the item in question. Basically it is your word against theirs. When you negotiate "always" get what is agreed upon in writing.....