Question

djmooney84

How do i get a charge off , off my report?
I was young and stupid and did not realize just how important credit was. I am ready to get back on track and get my credit score back up. I have several charge offs that say 0$ balance due to it being longer than 7 years. Is there any way for me to have these removed? If so how and i had heard that after 7 years it should fall off. it's been more than 7 years and they are still there.

Most Helpful Response

Chargeoffs can stay on your record for 7 years plus 180 days from when the first delinquency occurred. I would recommend going on the various credit reporting sites and disputing the accounts. Transunion, Equifax and Experian. Many creditors stop reporting so the accounts sit on your record unles you dispute them.  It may or may not work, but I don't know the details of your loans. I would also like to congratulate you on realizing the importance of a good credit rating. Mant prospective employers may check your credit report, and the interest rates you pay for loans makes a big difference on your rating. 

djmooney84

Thanks for the response. Greatly appreciated.