Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Mortgage
Profile Image

Question By

1 Contribution
0 People Helped
How do I force a lender to correct inaccurate information?
Lender claims a payment was missed on a 15 yr self amortizing mortgage note 15 years ago. Lender always debited my checking account and never notified me that a payment had been missed. I do not have my check account records back that far, nor does the lender, apparently. I believe all payments were made timely. The lender's record is incorrect. How do I force them to correct the record?

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.