Question

hope2017

How do I dispute my credit bureau error with all 3 Credit Bureau agencies @ the same time?
I cannot find where I can dispute all credit union companies at the same time : Experian, Equifax and TransUnion at the same time which I was told there is a way to submit the dispute for all credit unions at the same time for an error on my credit Bureau account that has significantly impacted my credit score. Citibank sent to all the credit bureaus that I was late on a payment which in fact is false and why I'm filing a dispute right away. As you can see from my credit history my payment history is impeccable. If anything, I pay more than the minimum on all my outstanding credit card history. There has never been a missed payment until Citibank sent to the credit unions that I was late on a payment in December 2016. At that time I was entering into a debt management program and it was the transition period. It was my complete understanding not to make the payment for Citibank because it would mess up the process so I did not make the payment because that what was communicated to me. There was a complete misunderstanding. If I were told to make the payment of $66 in December, I would have done it. Again, my credit report reflects over 7 years that I make all my payments on time.
How do I submit a dispute to all credit unions at the same time.

Thank you

Lise Granelli

I am not aware of any place you can submit something to all 3 agencies at once.  Personally I would call Citibank and talk to them about the situation.  If you talk politely and calmly they might look at your history with them and decide to undo that decision.  If so you would request that they contact the credit bureaus and reverse the item.

Otherwise I think you would have to contact all 3 bureau separately and make sure to provide concise documentation and reasoning as to why the late payment/missed payment occured.

Transunion, Equifax and Experian are credit bureaus not credit unions. You have to dispute separately with them, there is no place to do it for all three. The credit bureaus have websites. Technically you were late with a payment, so I do not see how you can win a dispute unless you have something in writing from Citibank stating that you were not to make the payment. As said, your best bet here would be to try to get Citibank to help you. Make some phone calls to them and send some letters. Do some reading on "Goodwill Letters". If you cannot get anywhere with them after several attempts to different departments then you can try to dispute it if you wish. Worst case, if this is the only negative thing on your credit report you can recover from this, after a couple of years the damage from it will really lose it's bite.