Question

GoodBorrower55

How do I dispute a hard credit check?
Two different times my credit had hard checks that have hurt my score. I would like to dispute both. One: I closed my Sears card and they did a hard check. That was just spiteful. Two: I bought a car, and the dealership did two hard checks. Only one was necessary or justifiable. Is there a way to get these removed from my score?

It would not be worth your time to pursue. Transunion, Equifax and Experian all have websites with contact info and instructions on how to dispute, but honestly you do not have any grounds to dispute in either case, as you agreed to let them do hard inquiries with paperwork/agreements that you agreed to. Hard Inquiries only cause slight damage for 1 year and are removed in 2 years.