Question

Allabaster

How do I correct a mistake?
There is one late mortgage payment on my report and I have no mortgage. I have never even heard of the lender. How do I correct this?

Most Helpful Response

Correcting Mistakes

Send a certified letter to the credit bureaus disputing this item. For details on the letter, a simple Google search will give you hundreds of template letters.  Ask for any paperwork provided to certify this account is yours, because you do not have a mortgage.

I may start by calling the mortgage company first and let them know they are reporting under your social.  Ask for the paperwork on your mortgage, because you do not have one.

The good news is at least they are paying it... So, doesn't sound like identity theft.  Sounds like a mortgage company typed in a wrong Social Security number when they reported it online.

Allabaster

Thanks so much for the response. You have been very helpful. I will get busy correcting this error. Thanks again.

montrealque

i dont know what you are talking about. what do I google for such a letter?

There was a mistake by a medacle docker