Question

KVMARS

How do I bump up my 550 Credit Score?
Hi. I am a college student. I only have one credit card which is a Wells Fargo Student Card (I also have student loans that I haven’t paid for). I checked my scores on Credit Karma and my credit score is only 550. My credit limit was 1,200. I only have $700 left to pay on it. I have nothing under my name except my phone bill. I just started building my credit with the Wells Fargo Student Card about a year ago. That’s the only that I have.
Now here are my questions:

If I pay off my Wells Fargo credit card will it boost my score?
How can I boost my score up? Do I need to open another credit card?