Question

missbefuddled

How did my credit drop after applying for credit cards and getting approved
I applied for two credit cards and got approved for both. After a month of having them and making payments in full on time it dropped 100 some points. WHY? and HOW?

NOTE: I only have these two credit cards no other ones with low amount of credit. I do not want to get myself in debt.

You received "hard inquiries" for opening the accounts and also have reduced the "average age of accounts" and both actions affect credit in a negative way. I would not expect that much of a drop for just that though, I am thinking that when your credit cards reported a balance to the credit bureaus you were using a large percentage of your credit line. Do some reading on "credit utilization". I also advise you to check your FICO scores as they may have rose significantly from getting credit cards if you did not have any cards prior.