Question

Workinghard4themoney

How can i stop inquirers from checking my credit
People are checking my credit for promotion without my consent, how can I stop this. there are too many inquirers on my file I did not ask for can you please help.

Are they "soft inquiries" or "hard inquiries"? No one sees the "soft inquiries" but you and they do not affect your credit. Companies will often do "soft inquiries" to see if they wish to offer you credit, there is a way to opt out of this, but I would not advise doing so. You can google more info on how to opt out if you wish to do so. If these are "hard inquiries" then you need to make some phone calls to get to the bottom of this and try to find out who is applying for credit in your name or to see if your information is getting crossed with someone else's, that does happen.