Question

jordifaria

How can I see my dispute?
I disputed a report in April. At the time I wasn't well acquainted with how to read that portion of my credit report, but a bank had reported a late payment on me. I disputed it and they responded that they would not make me liable. I disputed first in April. By August nothing had changed on my report so I called the bank. I had also called to have my due date changed since my husband had been out of work for several months. The guy apparently didn't change my due date and he told me to write the bank regarding the incorrect report. I paid my bill in September on time according to my new due date but a week later my credit report showed two late payments. I called the bank back and they told me that they hadn't reported a second late payment. When I checked my credit again the second late payment was gone but now my first late payment was moved to a different month. After figuring out that their agreement was about the same payment that they had just moved to another month, the supervisor said I had to locate my previous dispute and write them a new letter. Meanwhile, I had disputed the same thing again and that's how the date got changed in the first place. Now, I need to locate the actual dispute message I sent with my initial dispute. Does anyone know how to locate it? I made the Tranunion dispute through credit karma?

Tuhe problem with filing online disputes is that you have no record.   You may be able to request it directly from the credit bureau.   I always recommend all disputes be made in written format and mailed certified mail so you have a permanent copy/record of the dispute.