Question

luv2bex

How can I raise my credit score from a consistant 780-785?
I have “perfect” credit but, for years, my score per CreditKarma remains in the 780-785 range. I have neither a mortgage nor a car loan. All of my “debt” is credit cards -- which I pay off monthly.

While I realize 785 is a “good” score I continue to wonder what I can do, if anything, to raise it. I’d like to break the 800 mark if for no other reason than for the hell of it! Truly, are the scores of 800-850 reserved only for the “special” ones?

Most Helpful Response

Well, it's because you *don't* have any installment loans, as stupid as it sounds. Credit scores are a big scam...but that's another discussion. I consistantly had a 785 with only open credit cards (with $0 balance on all except one whose utilization is less than 10% at any given time). When I bought a Toyota w/ 0% interest, my score "popped" to 810...so go figure.