Question

trisstan

How can I improve my credit score when I can't get approved for any lines of credit or credit cards
My credit score is not all that hot. I have paid off all of my other debts and the only things I pay monthly are car payment, insurance and phone bill. If I can't get approved for credit cards, how can I improve my score other ways?

Go to your bank , after you have put $300 mim. in a savings account, ask for a "Collateral Account "

Second chance checking

I have Wells Fargo second chance checking and after being with them a year and being turned down by every secured credit card around...I applied through Wells Fargo secured credit card and was approved for between 300-1000 that they withdraw from your account. My card is on it's way and a better option then an outside card. It's also setup on overdraft protection from my checking account. I will report back later once my limit is increased. Hopefully they do so after the holidays. 

Credit Cards

I was just declined for a secured credit card, that CK said was guaranteed! What a joke! I'll just  keep payin cash!

Katembx

I had the same issue!!!

Credit Unions often offer great credit building loans and secured credit cards and are more willing to work with you when commercial lenders will not.

http://www.creditunion.coop/cu_locator/quickfind.php

You should look at guaranteed approval cards

I feel your pain -- with absolutely no credit history, I can't get an unsecured credit card either.

I just sent off for Orchard Bank's Secured Mastercard. It has a soft inquiry pre-approval, then you fill out an application for the "real" credit inquiry. Since it's secured, you send them a check for how much you want your credit limit to be. Unless you use the card for something other than just paying for stuff (such as a cash advance), they have no fees for the first year and an annual fee of only $35/year after that. As long as you treat them as a stepping stone [they are notorious for never increasing your credit limit, ever] and pay your bills on time, they seem like a good choice for building or rebuilding credit.

trisstan

Thank you so much for your advice. I will look into that credit card.

chrissysplace

I need a credit card to build my credit but noone will accept me.Where will I get the $300 for a secured credit card deposit ?

Agree

I filed for a sucured credit card and got a hard inquiry on my credit score so I know the feeling. I have paid off my student loans and making payments on other things and credit is still sad!!!!!!

Thank you so much. I will try to get that card rather than the other ones. Since I am having a hard time approving for credit cards, I will definitely try to get that card.