Question

CNI091087

How can I improve my credit if my student loans have been sent to the government?
My student loans accounts were sent to collections after now paying or deferring.. they were then sent to the government and consolidated. While I am now making monthly payments, my credit is still suffering from 16 closed accounts. Should I dispute these and hope they get removed? Or what should I do? TIA!!

Since the purpose off Credit Karma is to teach how credit works and how to improve your score, I recommend doing as I did and reading the articles here.  This information will benefit you for the rest of your life. As for the student loans, don't bother disputing anything since what is reported is correct.  Student loans have absolutely no statute of limitations and remain collectable until paid in full no matter how long that takes.  Continue with regular payments on those loans and that history will be to your greatest benefit.