Question

ZHNelson17

How can I get better at credit card usage?
I'm trying to get better at using credit cards, so that I can pay off my card in full every month and not spend more than I can afford like people I know, but I just can't seem to stay within my means. Does it get easier to spend what you can afford over time? Does it take time to start paying off the card in full or is it something that just doesn't change due to how we were born and our genetics for self-control and whatnot?

Credit Score from Equifax: 672
Credit Score from TransUnion: 667
Credit History: 7 Months
Payment History: Excellent
Hard Inquiries: 3

Since Credit Karma's purpose is to teach about credit, this is a good place to start.  Read the articles and use the interactive financial tools. I suggest making it a bit less easy to access your credit card if you are so tempted.  Also, remember that it really is like cash.  Keep track of your spending and you might need the shock of a large total at the end of a month to realize the need for less credit card usage, especially since you waste money when you have to pay interest.