Question

malxntia

How can I get an open collections account removed?
I have an open account in collections, due to a error with FAFSA/financial aid when I was in school. There's an account that has the balance of the classes I took that semester. I really don't plan on paying it unless it's removed from my credit report as it is having a major effect on my credit score. How can I dispute it or get them to remove it upon payment?

Do some reading on PAY FOR DELETE AGREEMENTS. Be aware that if this is some type of federal loan, it will not be removed in seven years if you don't pay it. Unpaid federal loans can last forever.