Question

aleight1689

how can I get a joint mortgage off my report that I'm no longer legally bound to pay?
Per our settlement agreement, my ex husband kept the house and I was immediately not liable to make payments on the mortgage and the lender cannot legally pursue me for payment. But he hasn't been able to refinance it yet to get my name off the original mortgage so it still shows up on my report as a monthly debt and prevented me from approval for an auto loan on the basis of "too many debts." How can I get this off my report if he can't refinance yet?

a few things,   
even if the settlement agreement says you are not legally bound,  per the Mortgage company you are  ,  they have your signature on the documents to show it.   

you are caught in the middle. 

Have your Ex put the House up for Sale if he can not get it re-financed in 30 or 60 days Once the house is Sold or Refinanced then the Old Loan would be paid off. 

Every Lawyer should be telling people with mortgages that the property should be Sold ASAP,  One Side or the Other should not get it.   To many people get screwed over. 

Get with your attorney.  Your husband had a legal obligation to take the steps to have the mortgage fixed so that your name was removed.  It sounds more like he's dragging his feet on getting this taken care of.   The court can force him to be more timely and/or proceed with a sale if necessary.  You may as well get moving on this quickly before he starts to go into default.