Question

mnicolosi0411

How can I get a credit card if my student loans are my only income?
I would like to get another credit card however my student loans will be my only form of income for the next 2 years. Is there a way I can get a card without applying for one that requires a prepaid deposit?

Most Helpful Response

Creditors don't consider student loans as income, they are debts that you have to pay back eventually. Also if you don't have any credit established ("thin file" or a very young credit history)  then you will continue to get denied. Your best option would probably be a secured credit card from a local bank or credit union, where you have to give a security deposit to obtain a credit limit, but since you already applied several times then you should wait several months before applying again.

Also I have already applied for several today online and was denied immediately by all of them.