Question

smika

How can I fix my very poor credit fast?
I have 3 accounts that have been in collections for over a year Amex, chase, Macy's all adding up to about 5000. I need to improve my credit fast and need to know the fastest route to doing so in order to get a car loan.

Most Helpful Response

The only way to fix your credit fast is with patients. The best method is to have about two or three credit cards. You want to use all your cards at least once a month and pay them all off except for one. You want to keep the one card that you didn't pay off in full at a utilization between 1-9% to let it report. Everyone mileage may vary so you may have to test which percentage works best for you.