how can i fix my credit with a civil jedgement being on my credit?
I need some help, maybe some of you will have some answers for me! I had a light bill from a previous apartment that went to collections for about $230 and also some book club (I never did this but I just paid it get help out my credit) that went to collections for $50. I have completely paid off the light bill recently and I am $14 away from the book club being paid off. I also have a car loan and it is in perfect standing! I have been paying on my car for 2 1/2 years. BUT at the beginning of 2010 I got into a car wreck in someone elses car. They did not give me their insurance so now I have to pay them about $5000. I have paid about $1000 already, I am making monthly payments of $50. Just this year in July (after already paying on this for a year) this decided to report it to my credit so now I have a civil judgement. They do not report when I pay them every month it just sits there until my entire balance is paid I am guessing. I want to know if this civil judgement is going to effect my credit bad. It just frustrates me