How can I find out what my derogatory marks are from?
My credit karma report says that I have two derogatory marks, or accounts in collection. However, I can't figure out for the life of me what these are. How can I look them up?

CarolineCascio

Most Helpful Response

Go to annualcreditreport.com and look at your TransUnion credit report. 

Response by
AppleRules

Addin to AppleRules, annualcreditreport.com lets you pull all three credit reports for free once a year.  They list contact information from the credit companies and list what negatives are on there.

Response by
scamps218

Derogatory Marks

I went to buy a car just yesterday to find that I had someone use my s.s.card number and open two account (maybe more) then let them go into collection. How do I find out about any loan, credit card, account of any kind, and what is going on with them. And also, how do I go about correcting them? I want to report this to the police department as identity thief and fruad, for I know of only one person that has all that info and they did do it before.

Response by
1943nana

will looking up derogatory marks using annualcreditreport.com be counted against my credit inquiries?

Response by
teflonburrito

No, thats a soft inquiry. Only hard inquiries affect score

bahlgren342

only by mail and why????

last year I requested a credit report through Annualcreditreport.com.  Okay, then i was surely able to view it online.  Now upon requesting a new report a year later, I am being forced to send them identity proofs along with a form I will have to print out fill out and send with all other information.  If these resources were at my fingertips I dont think i would request to view online.  I want to know why this has occured.  Why would I be asked questions that are to be related to my loan history that have nothing close related to my history as well.  Can I assume that my identity is in question here, on whomevers end it may concern???thank you sincerely, confused.

Response by
vmpt78

Derogatory Marks what are they

what does this mean.

Response by
ashleyorso

Submit to the Community