Question

Hezzzer

How can I clean up hard inquiries on my credit report?
I applied for an auto loan at the dealership and, although my understanding is that all inquiries within a 2-week period of car shopping would count as 1 hard inquiry, my report is showing 9 hard inquiries. Is there a way that I can get this corrected?

While some creditors will view the hard inquires as one for auto shopping, others will not.   The only way to clean the hard pull inquires is to ask the creditor to retract it if you did not authorize it.   If you authorized the pulls and/or the creditor will not retract them, you will have to wait for them to expire, this usually takes about 2 years.

Multiple inquiries from rate shopping might affect your credit score as one, but each and every single one of them will be listed on your credit report separately. Unfortunately, there is nothing to be corrected, as they were reported accurately.