Question

mrshuiett

how can i be removed from a joint account?

Most Helpful Response

If its a joint account (that is, you signed an agreement to be responsible for the debt), you can't be removed. The only way out is to close the account. If you are merely an authorized user on someone else's account, then you can have your name removed (sometimes the primary account holder has to do it) and follow up with the credit bureaus to make sure it gets done. Can take months, unfortunately.

am158778

So if you have your name removed from the account help?  I am on two of my husbands credit cards and just trying to find ways to improve my score. These two cards have high usage and if it won't hurt me I would do it.