Question

PCLuis04

Hoo much will my score go down by if I close the credit cards that have the least amount of years?
That is the only category I have a Poor rating on. Waiting 7 years for the cards to mature is just too much and wonder if closing them out will benefit me more. I know it'll cost me points but perhaps I'll gain them back and much more in 2-3 years.

It is difficult to say exactly how much your score will drop. It can effect your overall usage since closing this line will lower your available credit and possibly have an adverse effect on your utilization.  I would just let it sit there, you dont need to use it, but it does more help for you than closing it will. Btw, I am happy to help provide an actual answer than others providing an answer that is just telling you to read the articles on here. That is always helpful but many of us here have real life experiences that we can share, that is why there is a community forum and why people ask questions. To get answers based on our experiences, not just being told to go read for yourself.

Can't say how much your score will drop, but it will and your reasoning for cancelling the cards is foolish. Read the articles here so you can understand credit and become credit smart.  That is the purpose of Credit Karma.  I learned a lot and now enjoy an excellent score.