Question

dsbj

Home Mortgage - Error: Listed as included in Bankruptcy
I filed for bankruptcy in September of 2012. The bankruptcy covered my HELOC second and was "included in bankruptcy" as shown on my credit report. However, I sold my home in October of 2013 and although was delinquent on my payment, it sold for some profit: not short sale and not foreclosure.

In reviewing my credit report, my first mortgage says it too was "included in bankruptcy." That is not accurate as the loan was paid off. Should I try to get this corrected? Does it even matter? Good or bad? Please advise!

Thanks in advance!

Most Helpful Response

Yes, dispute it!!  It does hurt your credit so visit all three bureaus' websites and dispute the notation of the BK.  You may have to do this a couple of times before they delete it, so don't give up.