Question

Angry285

Hello:off my report?When
hello: I was wondering when this charge off will be gone from my report,and is they anything i can do about this late mark.Before i joined Credit Karma I checked my report and my payment history were all excellent ,now this show up on report as late TransUnion,and Equifax both had green history now i have only one late.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Account Details
Last Reported Oct 13, 2013
Creditor Name MONTGOMERY WARDS
Account Type Charge Account
Account Status Open
Opened Date Aug 30, 2010
Closed Date --
Limit --
Term --
Monthly Payment $25
Responsibility Individual Account.
Balance $223
Highest Balance --
Payment Status Collection/Charge-Off
Worst Payment Status --
Date of Last Payment May 01, 2011
Amount Past Due $100
Times 30/60/90 Days Late 0/0/0
Remarks Charged off account
Payment History
Latest Status: Collection/Charge-Off

2013 CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO
2012 U U U CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO CO
2011 U U U U U U U U U U U U
2010 U U U U U
J F M A M J J A S O N D
CO Collection/Charge-Off
U Unknown
Credit Utilization* N/A
No credit limit reported
See something wrong?
You could dispute an error with Equifax.
Credit Karma Recommendations

When did you last check all three of your credit reports?   That is something we are all advised to do yearly.  Go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies iof all three reports.  If you see any WRONG information on any report, file a dispute with the credit bureau reporting it.  If the same account shows on more than one credit report, you will have to dispute with all the credit bureaus showing that error.  This information is well covered in the articles on this site since teaching about how credit works is the primary purpose of Credit Karma.  I learned a lot.n n You can, too.

Angry285

Enter Your ReplyThank you

I also did what you said and went to annual credit report ,pulled all three they looked good,but found this version from .EXP credit,this is the second  one from them

• ccount Type: Credit Card
  • Account Number: *****
  • Amount Past Due: $100
  • Scheduled Payment: --
  • Owner: Individual
  • Opened Date: Aug 30, 2010
  • Closed Date: Mar 11, 2012
  • Closed Status: Derogatory
  • Credit Limit: --
  • Amount Over Credit Limit: --
  • High Balance: $298
  • Original Creditor: --
  • Account in Dispute No

Well if your last payment was May 2011, then that would most likely make the DOFD date June 2011, add seven years to that and the drop off date would be June 2018. DOFD means "date of first delinquency" and that is the starting point of the seven years. The amount past due and the balance do not match, so there is some inaccuracies there. Disputing could help or could hurt. Rarely you may get lucky and the account would be removed from your reports, other times they will "update" the account and leave it on your reports and the "update" makes the negative account look recent to the scoring systems so then you get your credit "dinged". I guess it is a gamble that is up to you. You also may want to do some reading on "pay for delete agreements" but I will tell you that it is hard to get one of these with credit card companies, "pay for deletes" are more for dealing with collection agencies. You may consider paying it to prevent a collection account from popping up in addition to the charge off, if all else fails.