Question

agantt02

Has anyone had a citi credit card blocked because phone number unverifiable and had to fax in docs?
I applied for the card in September and was approved within a week. Received the card within another week. I got the card because I travel for a living and got rid of Capital One so I needed a new card. It has been a nightmare ever since! I used my card (for work) in Las Vegas for the first time after receiving it. About a week after activating it. I only used it for hotel, food, and an uber once. While in Vegas, I tried to enable Apple Pay and it said that I had to call customer service. I figured I'd do it when I get home. I get an email the next day stating not to forget to call Citi to activate. I immediately call. They transfer me to the Fraud Early Detection department. I didn't even know the card was blocked! Every single person they had me talk to was rude. They never even told me why they were transferring me. The lady basically said that my account was unverifiable because I do not have a landline phone that they can verify with my name! So it doesn't matter that I was able to verify my address, my social, my bday...they were going by my phone number! Because I travel, my mobile phone switches based on the company that I work for and there's no need for me to have a landline! I asked to speak with a manager to which they said they can't transfer me to talk to anyone because I have an "unverifiable account". I asked to close the account to which they gave the same response. So I can't use it, I can't cancel it and get my deposit back, and I can't speak with anyone besides the person that answered the phone...because of a PHONE NUMBER. They won't tell me which "database" they use to verify phone numbers so I could atleast try to get in touch with that company to see what phone they have listed under my name. Citi asked me to fax a copy of a utility bill, the front and back of my drivers license, and the front and back of a social security card. I faxed it on 4 different days and they still say they have do not have a note in the system that they received it. Apparently, no one puts a note in the account on whether or not the fax was received only when it has been processed or gone through their verification process. No one can tell me how long this process takes. They won't accept the documents by email or through their "secure message" system when I log on. Only through fax or mail. I asked if I overnighted it in the mail if that would help, to which they said it will still take the same amount of time to process....even though no one knows how long that is. I'm traveling in a few days and my account is still blocked. I had already paid it down to a $0 balance and they still don't have my available funds updated. I'm so frustrated. Has anyone had experience with having to fax in these documents or knows how long it takes?