Question

mrman223344

Had a credit score of 820 and WHAM !!! ??? WTF !!!
They dropped me 38 points in one shot. I paid off a credit card that had about 7K on it...haven't missed a payment on anything in over 20 years. Am in good standing with bank, mortgage, credit line...they just dropped me 38 points after i paid off credit card to zero balance. What happened to all the attaboys ! This is a crock.

Did you (or they) close the account? That's the only way I know of that would cause your score to drop after paying down the balance. Also check for derogatory reports - maybe the goofed somewhere?

If your card is still active and the credit limit is the same as before, I think it would be time to switch cards...