Question

phillip1011

guarantor on a lease sent to collections
I co-signed for a friend's student apartment (Yes, dumb I know). Everything was good until April (this was a August-July lease). At that point she says they lost one of her Money Orders and wanted her to repay April so she let it go to court where it was said she would be contacted in regards to setting up a payment plan for the balance (the final four months:A,M,J,J). Throughout this whole process, I, the Guarantor was never contacted by the apartment complex regarding this matter. Nor was I part of the summons to court and no attempt was made by the complex to have me pay her debt. A week ago, she was contacted by D&A service, a collection agency sent by the apartment complex to set up a payment plan. She says she agreed to a payment plan, to pay on the 31st of each month. So today, a call comes to my house from the same from D&A Services asking for me. My dad answered, me and my dad have the same name so he was thinking it could be for him. When promoted for his last four of his SSN and DOB he refused and hung up.
So my question is, why would they be calling me if the main signer has already set up a payment plan? Also, will this show up on my credit? As of today, it had not shown up yet. Also, what could they be contacting me for if she has already set up a payment plan?