Question

Ernie2222

Got a delinquent status removed from my account but my score isn't the original score
I had a delinquent status on my account that was incorrect, so I had the company contact the bureau and clear it, which they did. The status has been removed and my score did go back up but it is still 20 points short of what it was before the status went to delinquent. Can I and should I dispute this?

NO

Reality is that your scores fluctuate all the time. That "Original Score" was just what your score was that day.

Every thing that happens on your credit report will change your score. For example, I had a 742 Fico, I went to home depot and bought a $1700 set of cabinets. This went onto my bill that was reported just a couple day later, My score dropped 25 points. When that bill is paid off and my utilization on that account comes back down then my score will go back up.  Thats just the way it works. 

Credit reporting and cross reporting can take 30 to 60 days, so an action today may take that long to correct, Thats why its so important to know how your actions will affect your scores. 

Disputing That deliquentcy being cleared makes no sense, because it will most likely self correct long before any action on your part would be addressed by the Credit Reorting agency.

Good Luck