Question

Posted in Banking

Ellyluv123

Good Credit vs Bad Chexsystem Report: Which one Out Rules the Other?
I have a current score of 724 but am being denied joint checking account with my husband at his credit union. I was told that I owe one bank money and my own bank told me that due to my past history with overdraws on my account due to trial and error [my account was opened for me at age 16 and I had to learn myself how to manage money, and read fine print when signing up for things] that I can not open any more accounts with them or as I am finding out anyone else because of my chexsystem report :/ I don't mind waiting the 5 years and paying my dues, I just never knew about chexsystem, and was only concerned with maintaining a good credit score. Now I'm concerned that my credit score may mean very little in the corporate world.

P.S
My husband and I are both turning 21 this year, and are planing on purchasing a first home within this upcoming year. I would like to be apart of it, although he can get approved by himself, however is there anything I can do as of now, so that I can be on the loan as well?

Your bank should be able to identify the bank you owe money to so that you can pay them. Until you do you will likely not be able to open and account with anyone.

Once paid there is a good chance you can talk your way into an account somewhere.

Ellyluv123

They did. It was TD Bank, I had a young savers account under the lady I lived with at the time who was friend of the family. She opened for me so that I could deposit money and not think about it and see how much I actually saved when I turned 18. I had two jobs at the time, durning this time I met my former husband and we had made plans to get an apartment together my 18th year (I turned 18 before him). This lady and I had a falling out  after she returned home from friends hospital after trying the commit sucide because she losedone of her jobs. Long story short, after she attacked me, I moved in with his family. I was 17 at the time but because I was only able to deposit money (& would have never thought she would take my money) I wasn't "concerned" about my young savers account. I figured we would start talking again eventually because she was a close friend of my families and I'd see her at birthday/holiday parties and even occasional family diners and that we'd get over it. But we never started talking again and when I went into the bank before knowing I owed them money I went in with my account information and was told that I couldn't have any information/access to the account (although I was 18 at the time and didnt know it was closed) i was denied access&ingormation without the primary account holder, the friend of my family. So I called/texted her, called my cousin one of her best friends when I received no answers and even sent her emails. Finally, shortly after being denied this account with my huaband, the joint account, I go directly back to TD bank and have almost a 3 hour discussion of what I could possibly do being as though the transactions (withdraws) were made before my 18th birthday and only the primary account holder could access that account (the young savers account that I could only deposit cash into at a branch location). Now I'm left with legal advice since she has not returned my messages or phone calls. I'm hoping I don't have to get the police involved. She took care of me for over a year, close to 2 years, so when she lost her job right before I left and tried to commit sucide I was paying her bills since in her sucide letter she claimed one of the reasons she tried to kill herself is because she was overwhelemed with debt so i figured more debt wouldnt help any, so for the month she was held in this instition I paid the rent car payment electric gas cable ect minus credit card payments I didn't have it like that, but I paid what was important while she stayed at friends hospital for monitoring. But when she came home she ended up attacking me simply because i wasnt over the whole u tried to kill yourself and never even tried to talk to me i found her i rushed her to the hospital...Anyway I'm not worried about the money if she needed it its fine I've told her that I just want this mark off my name, and I'm more than willing to pay the $178 dollars in overdraft fees.