Question

oneeggcream

Go with your gut!!!
HSN offered me a credit card. I said no because my score would go down. They said, that won't happen. Sure enough, my score went down, so I cancelled the card!

Most Helpful Response

Canceling the card

Probably did more harm than good. 

Your score always seems to drop for a month or 2 when you open a new account. It's due to the age of the new account and the hard inquiry. It usually take a payment or two for your score to come back. 

Opening then closing an account now means that you still have the inquiry plus you've lowered your available credit. Thus you can expect your score to take longer to rebound. 

Good luck. 

oneeggcream

Thank you, for the reply, EddyTX's.