Question

jeb3d1

Getting two missed payments erased
I just missed two consecutive payments on the same card. It's a brand new card and I simply overlooked it. The total balance was $106 (Now $36) and my scores took a pretty big hit. My payment history otherwise is perfect. How do I get this corrected?

Sorry, but you made the mistake and have to deal with the consequences. Just keep your payments current (preferably pay in full every month so you don't end up paying interest) and things will improve over time.  And read the articles here to learn how credit works and how to build your score.  Sure helped me! 

7 years they will remain. Do some reading on "goodwill letters" and maybe give it a try, but you are probably stuck with the negative info. The severity of the damage will diminish in a couple of years. Never be late again!