Question

boyfm1221

Getting a mortgage. Need a little help.
We are looking to buy our first home. Everything is good, work history, debt to income ratio, and income. But my credit needs to improve.

If I were to pay all my collections, how much would that bring up my score? All my current accounts are in good standing.

Try the Credit Score Simulator program on this site to see.  Remember the collections are negative marks on your credit score that may keep your score low until the negative remarks drop in 7 years after the debt is paid.  I do suggest reading the articles on this site since the purpose of Credit Karma is to teach people how credit works and how they can get it to work for them.