Question

JoeMcDePaw

Getting a miles reward card after buying my first house?
Last November I closed on my first house. With the house came a lot of expenses and I used 0% financing deals on electronics and kitchen items with a store credit card I already had and opened up another store card for furniture also with 0% financing. After all the house hunting, signing up for utilities, and furnishings I have 7 inquires on my credit. I have a third credit card I use for everyday purchases too. My credit score is approximately 740. I carry a balance on my credit cards, only for the items that qualify for 0% financing. Currently approximately 28% of my credit limit is used, and this number has been dropping the more I have been paying off the new furniture, appliances, and electronics.

Now, last year I got a promotion and there is a little bit of traveling involved in the new position. My company allows us to use our own credit cards to book flights and hotels and reimburses us. I'm thinking about opening a miles rewards card to rack up points on so I can go on a few trips we have been thinking about in the next 6 to 24 months. With all the activity that has happened over the last 4 months is there any chance I would be able to get a good miles rewards card?

Thanks!

Miles reward card

A credit is concidered anything over 720.  Some mark that spot at 740.  Either way, I'd say you're good to go. Inquiries are scored for 12 months so you may check the dates on your inquiries and let 1 or 2 drop before moving forward but as a whole, you should be fine.