Question

rmandree

Full-time student looking to improve credit score. Limited income and only student loans in history
My current credit score is 585 with no credit card utilization and a 4 1/2 year credit history (all student loans through department of education). Other than that, the only other factors are 3 hard inquiries which were my attempts at getting approved for a credit card. I have been denied every time. Since I am a full-time vet student, my income is limited. What can I do to improve this score? Would loan consolidation do anything? What can I do to get approved for a secured card? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I strongly advise reading the articles on this site since teaching about credit is what Credit Karma is here for.  Once you know how credit really works, then you can make decisions to build your score..  It ism noit going to be fast.  But, this knowledge will be useful for your full life.