Question

dco30

freezing credit
I was told it's best to freeze my credit for security reasons. If I do this but want to apply for a credit card how do I get a 1 time use PIN # to give to a credit card co I'm applying for a card with for access? Can I do this through creditkarma or do I need to do it with each company? The individual companies are a pain to work with online or on the phone so any advice is appreciated. I'm so glad I found CK! It's awesome & is really helpful!

You can handle credit security quite easily without doing a freeze.  A freeze is helpful if you have found that your personal security has been compromised, then it would be worth the hassle.  Just keep your Social Security card locked away, since you need toi actually show it very few times in your life.  Be very careful giving out your personal information (NEVER if someone calls saying they need, it to verify an account) andmyou should be okay.