filed for bankruptcy a little over a year ago, want to apply for credit card
I filed for backruptcy a little over a year ago, was discharged 10/09 how can I rebuild my credit to apply for credit card. my credit score is currently 650

hburdet03

There is hope! We had to file for bankruptcy a little over two years ago and it is possible to get credit cards. We waited about six months and then applied for high interest cards (not the prepaid/secured cards), used them very little and paid them off every month. We now have three cards with a total limit of around 5K and a credit rating over 700. The secret is, DON"T GET YOURSELF INTO THE SAME SITUATION YOU WERE BEFORE WITH THE CARDS. Be wise and you can build your credit back up.

Response by
gsiess

Submit to the Community