Question

tint28

filed chapt 7 1 yr ago, all i have is house pay. plz help me raise score short term, long term. ty
620 credit score. I want to be in real estate and I don't want my future ruined even though I made a lot of mistakes a few years ago

Best thing to do is opan an account every few months and of course pay each of them on time or so. I recommend this:

1) Open a fingerhut account. Make at least 4 months of payments and see what it does to your score. Note: Last ime i checked Fingerhut only reported to 2 of the 3 credit bureaus - but this is still the easiest credit to get.

2) After 4 to 6 months of fingehut payments, apply for a secured card like openskycc.com or capitalone. Make 4 to 6 months worth of on time payments.

3) Open a secured loan with your bank or credit union. This should give yoiur score a big boost as it is a defferent kind of debt than CCs. Make 4 to six payments.

4) If your score is in the high 600s by this time (and it should be), try to open a Discover IT card. This will significanlty help your cc utilization as this card is usually generous with their amounts.

5) By this time, some of the hard inquiries should be falling off (they come off afdter 2 years).  

A chapter 7 hurts your score for ten years, but you can reduce the negative effect by making sure all accounts you may have are paid on time and in sufficient amounts to provide a good payment history.  Nothing will have a major effect on raising your score quickly.  Sometimes we just have to endure the price of having made errors.