Question

Christymalan

Fannie Mae just did a hard inquiry on me today. I have not applied for any loans. Is this fraud?
I have had no financial changes over the last 6 months. No loans, no new phones, nothing new. Why am I suddenly getting a hard inquiry from Fannie Mae? Should I be concerned? Could this be identity theft?

Most Helpful Response

Same here

I had a hard inquiry from FANNIE MAE this week as well, and like you, have no changes in my finances/mortgage. Hoping someone can explain why this would happen.

Same thing happened to me yesterday

Im concerned because it affects your score and I thought companies needed permission to do that. Im hoping to get an answer too. Just wanted you to know you arent alone.