Question

AkilahHawk

Family Members Bad Credit Dragging my Score Down
There's a credit card showing up on my report that doesn't belong to me, it belongs to my dad. I was listed as an authorized user on this credit card, but the fact is I never actually used because I was NINE years old when the account was opened. Is this something I can dispute?? If not how can I go about making my score better??

This is an easy fix.  Call the credit card customer service number and tell them to remove you as an authorized user.  It may take 1-2 months, but it should come off your report.  You can also write to all three bureaus and tell them to remove it because it is not yours.

By the way, if this is a GOOD account, then leave it alone or your score will drop if you have it removed.  If it is a bad account, then get off of it.