Question

Vintagemama

Ex-fiance's credit card: what to do?
My ex-fiance has a high-limit account and I applied for and received a card in my name. I returned the card to him when we parted ways. He pays the balance off monthly, so my belief is that at this point it is helping my credit score - yet I do not wish, for obvious reasons, to keep the card active. I suspect that my credit would be damaged if I canceled it, however. Any advice?

If you are a co-applicant on this card, I would suggest closing the account as you will be responsible for any of the future debt that he runs up. Sure it will harm your credit scores, but that is a lot of liability to have cards out there floating around in your name.