Question

darkforest111

even if I have fair credit does a past debt still come in to play when getting loan?
I have fair credit now after getting a credit card and paying my bills I went from poor to fair! however I noticed a debt is still on my credit report, even tho my credit is fair would the person giving me a loan still look at my past debt?

Most Helpful Response

Hi

Different lenders look for different things. It really all depends on the lender as to if it will hurt you or not. Most prime lenders will use it as a strike against you yes, but prime lenders won't deal with a fair score anyway. The age of the debt has a lot to do with it too. Is it an old debt or a recent one? If it is recent it will harm you more than an older one will. There are finance companies and such out there that provide subprime loans but they are very expensive with very high interest, but if you really need a loan sometimes you got to pay for it. Just make sure that you find a lender that will report to all 3 credit bureaus on a monthly basis.