Question

Kramden89

Equifax Verification Questions
One of the equifax identity verification questions was "according to your credit file we indicate you may have a home mortgage" the second one was "what is the payment on this above referenced account". I don't have a home mortgage, is this an indication that there is one thats not mine on my report or are they trying to get me to select "none of the above" on those questions?

By selecting "none of the above" along with the correct answers for the next 2 questions, Equifax didn't allow me to get my report online. The 3rd and 4th questions were about a loan that I DO have, so I know the answers I selected were correct.

Most Helpful Response

Same problem

I'm having the exact same problem while JUST trying to create an account at Credit Karma. I ended up being locked and had to MAIL (seriously?!) 2 copies of Identification to CK which I'm not planning to do. It's not the first time that EQUIFAX uses these irrelevant questions that I have absolutely no idea of to identify who I am!

FYI, after reading some other posts elsewhere we're not alone. And yes after pulling out my most recent credit report from Equifax officially nothing is wrong with my credit report and I certainly DO NOT have those irrelevant "mortage accounts"!

I highly hope that CK would use another credit bereau's identity verification system, rather than having equifax scaring your users away.