Question

WhatTheHeckIsACreditScore

Effect of Student Loan Balance Inaccuracy
I have paid off all of my student loans completely (more than 3 years ago) and most of the accounts are now listed as 'Closed' no missed payments (the original loans and the consolidated loans in all of their incarnations) However two of my loans (just before I consolidated them into one loan) are listed as 'Closed' but with their HUGE balances still.

I have not applied for any kind of credit in recent years... until now when I am trying to buy a home. Thankfully my credit union is who I am dealing with and they brought this to my attention.

It is paid. I just want the accounts to reflect their joining (therefore creating a new and final account) and the balance to be back down to $0.00

As it stands it looks like I owe over $25,000 to a closed account that I am not paying...

Any advice?

Yes, write letters to all three bureaus and tell them that there is no balance due.