Question

danyoung7

Don't Recognize Debt in Collection by National Credit Systems & my Credit Score Dropped. Help?
About 2 months ago my credit misteriously droped about 40 points. After logging into Credit Karma, I see a bill for $284 is in collection by National Credit Systems. I don't recognize this bill and no one has contacted me regarding what this may be. Can anyone recommend what I should do please?

File a dispute

Get your free annual credit report from all 3 bureaus and go over them carefully.  Credit Karma gits it's information from one of the bureaus (possibly Trans Union) and the reporting bureaus have been known to make mistakes.  If you find this collection or any other errors on your credit report, file a dispute (directions on the report) and move quickly.  The error should vanish in a couple of months. 

NCS is a reputable collection firm, which has been in business for over 21 years.  Our company policy and practice is to operate in an ethical and lawful manner at all times.  Additionally, there have been numerous court findings confirming that a collection agency, such as NCS, may reasonably rely on the validity of the information being supplied by its client, the original creditor.

However, we in no way wish to pursue the collection of a debt that is not legally owed.  If we are made aware of a discrepancy or inaccuracy, we will work to appropriately remedy the situation.  

If you have an outstanding issues with our firm, we invite you to contact our office. We will research your concern and make efforts to resolve it amicably.