Question

Anessa007

Does removing false debts reverse the lost points?
I had 3 medical bills on my account for 3 years due to a billing issue that I thought was resolved. I have since had them removed by having my former Doctor's office and insurance finally process the right paperwork, but do I still have take the points it cost me over those 3 years as a loss, even though the debt didn't really exist in the first place?

If it was a billing issue then those negative reports are invalid on your credit report and is against the FCRA to be on there.

What I would do immediately is fax or mail a copy of your bill that shows it's been paid in full and dispute the accuracy to all credit report bureau's.  If the account is through a collection agency, I would dispute through them as well asking to show the bill.  Do not tell the collection agency anything other than asking to validate the debt simply.

That should come off of your repot in the next 30 days.  If you currently don't have accounts like myFICO, I would highly encourage you to for any changes made daily.  I use one to monitor for $25/month which isn't a bad deal at all as they used to be $40/month.