Does raising your credit limit count towards your credit (Hard) inquire?
I currently have a Bank of America Student credit card with $700 limit. I mistakenly from time to time would charge up to $500 on it, but I have always paid the full amount. However my credit utilization is considered high when I charge basic things that are easy to pay off.

My question is if I ask for a credit limit increase, how much should I ask for? AND will they run my credit and count against my credit inquiry?

Ps. I currently have two hard inquires on my record. One for when I bought a car, but paid in cash, and the second one was one a Amex credit card (That I did not get). So I don't want to chance it and try.