Question

MoneySavvy212

Does no CC debt mean no ratio for a score?
If I pay off all my debt, is that ever a bad thing, as in there is no debt-to-credit ratio to base any information on? I might be able to pay off all my credit cards, but wonder if this would lower my score. Thanks!

Let's bust the myth of carrying a balance to increase your score.  It's not necessary.

The reported balance due at the statement date is the number that is reported to the agencies. However, if you pay your balance, let's say a week before the statement is printed and the statement shows $0 owed, it could lower your score, especially if it's prolonged.

some activity is better than no activity on your cards.